Here is my entry for the #thegreatmodulesewalong challenge — 6 garments (3 tops, 2 bottoms and a topper) that all coordinate.
What I made
- Black wool jersey turtleneck (True Bias Nikko)
- Olive green wool jersey turtleneck (True Bias Nikko)
- Silk chiffon button-up (vogue 8772) [blog post here ]
- Ultra suede skirt (hack of new look 6106) [blog post here ]
- Black wool flannel cropped pants (Deer & Doe Narcisse)
- Olive boiled wool cropped jacket (Decades of Style 3’s a Charm)
left: Olive turtleneck, Boiled wool jacket, Black pants. center: Black turtleneck, suede skirt. right: Silk chiffon blouse, black pants
left: Black turtleneck, suede skirt. center: Silk chiffon blouse, suede skirt. right: Olive turtleneck, suede skirt, boiled wool jacket
A few comments
My biggest conundrum making this capsule was that not all olive greens go together. Actually mostly they don’t. My original plan for 2 of the tops was to use a plaid button-up I already had in my closet and some striped flannel for a second button-up. But they looked really mismatched with the jacket. I decided to substitute in a black turtleneck from a wool jersey I already had in my stash. But I had to scramble to find an appropriate fabric for my third top, as I really wanted a print. I finally found something at Mood Fabric.
I’ve worn the jacket quite a bit. It’s got a dart at the elbow, which makes the sleeves really comfortable. It’s almost like a knit cardigan. It’s such a success I’ve bought fabric to make another one.